Resurgo Ventures Announces First Social Impact Accelerator Cohort
12th April 2018
Resurgo Ventures launches its first Accelerator Programme for businesses with a social impact next week. The programme will welcome entrepreneurs from seven businesses with social impact at their heart, who will participate in a twelve-week programme.
After a rigorous application process, the final cohort were chosen based on the potential scale of their impact, the viability of their business model and the strengths and experiences of the founding team. The cohort includes:
- Luminary Bakery offers training, employment and community through employing women from disadvantaged backgrounds in their wholesale bakery business.
- Nightingale, a software company using artificial intelligence to spot mental health struggles in young people.
- Holos, a business creating ethical health products, including kombucha, a fermented tea, with the aim of supporting survivors of trafficking through the Sophie Hayes Foundation.
- Make Kit are a meat-free meal kit delivery service directing profits to fund meals for families in need.
- New Ground Coffee, bringing employment and training opportunities to ex-offenders through coffee.
- The Good Wood Workshop provides accessible education in construction skills for the unemployed.
- Ranwo removes barriers to employment for single mothers using a virtual assistant platform to provide flexible and sustainable work.
Gordon Eichhorst, Head of Resurgo Ventures, said, “We are really looking forward to launching our inaugural social impact accelerator programme. Resurgo Ventures has had the privilege of working with some fantastic social enterprises in the past, and our new programme will allow us to engage with a larger group in a more structured approach.”
Tom Jackson, Resurgo Chief Executive, said, “This is a major and hugely exciting development at Resurgo. I am delighted to be welcoming such a strong cohort of entrepreneurs to the Resurgo Ventures Accelerator Programme. Our aim is to create a lasting legacy of sustainable businesses who will inspire and resource future generations.”